If you have recently lost a loved one, please accept our condolences. This can be a traumatic and stressful time. “Legal Steps to Take Upon the Loss of a Loved One” is a plain-English checklist that can guide you through this final chapter, particularly concerning probate and avoiding probate.
In the checklist, you will learn:
- Who should be notified of your loved one’s death
- What accounts you should close or cancel
- When you should file your loved one’s tax return
- Where the best place is to receive your loved one’s mail
- How you can minimize or eliminate probate
We are here to assist your family in addressing concerns you may be facing after the death of a loved one. In addition to the checklist, there are other issues that may be relevant to your situation. Call us today for more information and let us help you through this difficult transition.