There is a misconception that an estate planning strategy is something the wealthy do later…
Many of us are hesitant to think about estate planning because we think our estate is not “big” enough to protect. Or, we think we are too young to worry about wills or trusts yet. But this simply is not the case. Educating our community about estate planning and protecting family assets has been my goal since opening my practice 20 years ago. Today I would like to share with you a few important reasons to consider estate planning.
- Estate planning is often more important to families with modest assets, because we have less financial flexibility in a time of loss.
- Illness, injury, and disability catch us all off guard.
- When we don’t plan, we leave our future in the hands of the state – and that is probably not a plan you would approve of.
- In the case of an accident, which can be an overwhelming and emotional time, your family has clear directions of your wishes.
- The #1 benefit of estate planning is peace of mind.
Twice a month our office provides educational workshops to families just like yours. These workshops are designed to not only answer your questions about estate planning, but also to make you aware of numerous often unknown options. We have a few seats still open for our workshop in late June, and I would like to invite you and your loved ones to attend. Please join me to learn more about the asset protection options available to you, or contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
417.623.2062 | [email protected]